John & Ruth Pew Residence
Historic Tax Credit Consulting, Preservation Planning, Residential - 2009-2010
About The Project
Current owner, Eliot Butler retained Isthmus Architecture, Inc. to conduct a condition assessment and rehabilitation plan for the Pew House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1940. The Project included:
- Comparison of original Wright drawings and specifications to the as-built house.
- Condition assessment and eco-friendly recommendations for the physical structure and systems.
- Home Performance Report with Energy Star through Focus on Energy.
- Identification of owner incentives and tax credits to offset the cost of the project.
- Plan objective: to thermally tighten the house and cut energy costs by at least 50% while remaining consistent with historic preservation standards.